Saturday, January 19, 2013

Learning ...

When I started this project early this afternoon, I thought that it was going to go quickly and that I might have time to do a couple pages in my journal.  Yeah....that didn't happen.  I thought I had my Cricut machine all figured out.  It may have taken me a while and I may have had to cut a couple times BUT, I DID IT!  The peacock is from the Art Nouveau cartridge.  It is cut in layers and it took me a couple tries to figure it out.  The flash from the camera washed out the colors.  It is a little brighter than how it appears.  The mandala in the middle is from the ornamental Iron 2 cartridge. It is Gate 3D, which is a half circle.  I cut two and glued them together to make a circle.  I inked the background with scattered straw distress ink and rubbed peeled paint distress around the edges.  I stamped the flourishes using various colors.  I printed the comment on my computer and inked it with bundled sage ink dauber.  I glued down the mandala, then the peacock and then the comment.  I traced around the peacock with a black pen and doodled around the comment to make them stand out.  I added some bling to his tail feathers and another bling for his eye.  I like how it turned out.  Now I have to clean up the mess I made while doing it!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. I am impressed with your Cricut skills lady! Can't wait to get my hands on that cartridge.