Sunday, December 29, 2013
Here. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers did. I finished it by stamping the word "Passion" on it.
So I had to use them on a journal page and here is what I came up with.
I stamped three different flower stamps on card stock, using black Archival Ink. The bottom one on the left is a Hero Arts stamp #H5481, The bottom one on the right is a Penny Black stamp #4313J. The top one on the left, the one that looks like a carnation, doesn't have a name or number. I got this one out of the dollar bin at Michael's.
After I stamped them, I used the glitter pens to color them. Unfortunately, the pens don't have numbers or names. I am showing the two colors that I chose to color the flower petals.
I used these two colors to color the stamens of the flower.
This is the finished flower. Once I had all my flowers colored, I cut each one out.
Then I stamped a Mason Jar (Inkadinkado stamp) on card stock.
I stamped a couple of bees. Stampabilities, Honey Bee, #C1147.
I cut the bees out and didn't worry about the little legs.
I forgot to take a picture of the leaf stamps that I used but they are also from an Inkadinkado cling set called fossil leaves #65-32011.
To do the background, I sprayed the paper lightly with water and then used Broken China Distress paint dauber to cover the page. Atfer I had good coverage I went over it in random spots with Antique Linen Distress paint dauber. I used my finger to smooth and blend the color on the page. While it was still damp, I flicked water on it then patted it dry with a paper towel to give it a more distressed look. I dried everything with my heat tool. I used my brick wall stencil and wall Spackle (don't have modeling paste). I again dried this with a heat gun. When it was dry, it looked a little too stark white. So I dabbed it with the Antique Linen paint dauber and it softened the color perfectly.
I then glued everything down. This was a bit complicated because of layering it. I forgot to mention, I did use a blending tool with "Stormy Sky" distress ink around the mason jar before I glued it down. Once the flowers were all in place, I stamped the bees and the butterfly in the locations where I wanted them. Then I glued the bees and the butterfly's that I cut out, over the stamped image. That way I was able to get the little legs and antennae back.
After all the glue dried I outlined everything with the brush tip of my distress marker "weathered wood" to give a shadow affect. I ran the pen around and then stopped to rub it with my finger to blend and continued until everything was outlined.
Oh, I forgot. I cut a thin strip of white card stock paper and colored it with green gel pen. I cut this into strips that I used for the stems for the flowers.
I'm not sure the picture gives the full impact of all the glitteriness of the flowers. I love how this turned out.