Sunday, December 29, 2013

I Have Glitter Pens!

 This first picture was an attempt at a technique I saw Here.  Mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers did.  I finished it by stamping the word "Passion" on it.

 HERE ARE MY NEW GEL PENS!  I got them at Michael's with a 50% off coupon.  There are Neon, Metalic and gorgeous GLITTER pens.  I don't normally like glitter but the color on these pens were beautiful and I fell in love with them.

So I had to use them on a journal page and here is what I came up with.

I stamped three different flower stamps on card stock, using black Archival Ink.  The bottom one on the left is a  Hero Arts stamp #H5481, The bottom one on the right is a Penny Black stamp #4313J.  The top one on the left, the one that looks like a carnation, doesn't have a name or number.  I got this one out of the dollar bin at Michael's.

After I stamped them, I used the glitter pens to color them.  Unfortunately, the pens don't have numbers or names.  I am showing the two colors that I chose to color the flower petals.

 I used these two colors to color the stamens of the flower.

This is the finished flower.  Once I had all my flowers colored, I cut each one out.

Then I stamped a Mason Jar (Inkadinkado stamp) on card stock.

I stamped a couple of bees. Stampabilities, Honey Bee, #C1147.

I cut the bees out and didn't worry about the little legs.

 I stamped a butterfly that is part of an inkadinkado set called Insect Amalgam # 60-60104. Again, when I cut it out, I didn't worry about the legs or the body, snipped 'em right off.

 I forgot to take a picture of the leaf stamps that I used but they are also from an Inkadinkado cling set called fossil leaves #65-32011.

This is the final result.  I took two pictures because it was hard to get a good shot with all that GLITTER!

To do the background, I sprayed the paper lightly with water and then used Broken China Distress paint dauber to cover the page. Atfer I had good coverage I went over it in random spots with Antique Linen Distress paint dauber.  I used my finger to smooth and blend the color on the page.  While it was still damp, I flicked water on it then patted it dry with a paper towel to give it a more distressed look. I dried everything with my heat tool.  I used my brick wall stencil and wall Spackle (don't have modeling paste).  I again dried this with a heat gun.  When it was dry, it looked a little too stark white. So I dabbed it with the Antique Linen paint dauber and it softened the color perfectly.

I then glued everything down.  This was a bit complicated because of layering it. I forgot to mention, I did use a blending tool with "Stormy Sky" distress ink around the mason jar before I glued it down. Once the flowers were all in place, I stamped the bees and the butterfly in the locations where I wanted them.  Then I glued the bees and the butterfly's that I cut out, over the stamped image.  That way I was able to get the little legs and antennae back.

After all the glue dried I outlined everything with the brush tip of my distress marker "weathered wood" to give a shadow affect.  I ran the pen around and then stopped to rub it with my finger to blend and continued until everything was outlined.

Oh, I forgot.  I cut a thin strip of white card stock paper and colored it with green gel pen.  I cut this into strips that I used for the stems for the flowers.

I'm not sure the picture gives the full impact of all the glitteriness of the flowers.  I love how this turned out.


  1. Love your idea of putting all the stamps together to create the page. I use, and love, the Sakura Gellyroll Stardust pens. I find " coloring
    " with them to be relaxing. Thank you for sharing this.

    1. Thank you Diane. I had a lot of fun doing it. The colors were so bright and cheery on a very dismal winter day!

  2. I like how you did the brick wall. You're so talented.