Sunday, November 17, 2013

What fun I had this weekend!

This page started out by playing with the Tim Holtz Jalopy die.  The jalopy on the right was the first one that I did and was a total experiment.  It was cut using white card stock.  I tried an inking method that I learned from taking the Creative Chemestry 101 class by Tim Holtz.  I used Recollections Aged Silver embossing powder on the fenders, wheels, and license plate.  I used Stampendous Aged Teal on the piece by the door above the fender.  I used my finger to rub black Archival ink from my ink pad over all the metal embossed areas.  It turned out cool but not what I had imagined.

The second attempt, on the left, I cut out of chip board.  I used the same inking method but I went over the whole car.  It came out much darker.  I'm guessing because of the darkness of the chip board. Again, I used Recollections Aged Silver embossing powder on the fenders and wheels.  I painted the license plate with Peeled Paint Distress Crackle paint.  I used some letter stamps to print some numbers on it.

Then I cut out people from "Timeless Type" stack paper and put them in the windows.  I added some acetate from packaging for the windows.  I don't think it shows in the picture

Now I had two jalopies but what was I going to do with them.  I have never done a two page journal spread sooooooo, I thought I would give it a try.

I started out by using a blending tool with Tea Dye ink.  I soon learned that the page on the left had been Gessoed and the page on the right had not.  Ugh, this affected my colors.  Oh well, I wasn't about to start over.  So I kept going.  I used a "chicken wire" stencil with Vintage Photo Distress in random spots.  I used Walnut Stain around the border of the pages.  Then I imagined the cars on a bumpy gravel/dirt road.  I did a little Zentangle dirt road and added some tufts of grass here and there, which I colored with Peeled Paint Distress markers.  I glued my cars in place and thought about what to do next.

I went through some of my stash and found a grunge board oval that I painted with Antique Linen Distress Crackle paint.  Once it dried, I stamped the saying on it and went over it with Vintage Photo and rubbed that into the cracks of the crackle paint.  I went around the edges with Walnut Stain.  I added two brads and glued the sign in place.  I cut the post card and the photo from the same "Timeless Type" stack paper.  I cut the camera and the arrow from Mover and shaper dies,  I painted the camera with Acyrilc paint daubers.  I added the Navigation stamp, star stamps, luggage, bird and bee stamp.  I added some other doodles and now that I'm looking at it I could probably add some to the right side of the page for balance.

There is my page.  Mistakes and all.  It is not perfect but I still love the way it turned out.

This was a Doodle assignment from Joanne Sharpe's Doodle Arts and Letters Class.  I drew this a while ago but I spent a couple hours coloring it in with water color pencils and then going over it with a water brush.

This isn't finished but it is as far as I have gotten and I'm not sure what else I am going to do with it.  I collaged the background with scrapbook paper  Then I cut out a house shape and added cabinet doors and a drawer that are attached using foam core tape.  I added a brad to the drawer for a knob and another brad in the shape of a key hole to the door.  I cut out a clock face from Tim Holtz Ideaology paper.  I attached the clock face to the clock and put some game spinners on for the hands of the clock.

Not sure if I will add a saying or something else to finish this off.  It will come to me and when it does....that is when it will get completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment