Sunday, November 3, 2013

This was so cool, I had to blog twice in one day!



 Soooo, I bought the Sizzix Apothecary Bottles die this week end.  Once I got it home and cut some out of card stock, I had no idea how to make them look like the picture on the package.  So I thought about it and had an idea.  I tried it tonight and it worked great!  So happy with the results.


First I distressed the bottle withe vintage photo using the blending tool.



Then I took my embossing ink pad ad dabbed it on the bottle until the whole bottle was covered with embossing ink.


Then I covered the bottle with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamal)



I heated this with my heat gun until it all melted.



And here are the results.  The first bottle was a first attempt error but I still like the way it turned out.  The middle bottle I distressed using "Peeled Paint" and covering the edge with "Tea Dye".  The last bottle was distressed using "Stormy Sky". 

On one of the bottles, I didn't get enough embossing ink on it the first time. After it cooled I had to redo the emboss inking and covering it with the UTEE and reheating it and it came out great.

Nooooow, how to do the corks and the labels......hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. very cool. Great job. I saw a pin on Pintrest that used some of the plastic from the packaging and they somehow melted it (I think) on the bottles. I want that die, lol... Did it cut out lables too? I just see the "corks".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cuts one label. I'm not sure how to get the label on, now that I've Utee on the bottle, I saw on Tim Holtz page that he used glossy accents but I always get too many bubbles in it and it takes too long to dry. I'm sure other people may come up with ways to do it. This one worked pretty well.

    ReplyDelete