I used a lot of different techniques on this page. I don't feel like it ever came together. I did have fun while doing it but I have to say it certainly is one of my least favorite pages.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014
I had the day off due to the snow storm and I had the best creative day ever. This was so much fun to make. I took two pictures, one with the flash and one without. The flash shows the details but washes out some of the color. The one without the flash is a little darker but you see the color a little better.
I started with my background using Tim Holtz Distress Paint " scattered straw" (one of my favorite colors". I added some stenciling using "wild honey" distress ink. I don't know the name of the stencil (sorry). Then I found the little girl in a stash of vintage photos and cut her out.
I used Tim Holtz "Angel Wings" die and colored them with tumbled glass, used a Signo pen to add dimension and distressed the edges with "vintage photo" distress ink. I found the bird and nest from a book about birds. I scanned it and cut it out.
This is the picture I scanned. It was too big to get the whole page. But the bird and the nest were perfect for what I wanted to do. The leaves were done using the stencil technique here. This is a close up so you can see the texture.
I glued the girl, the wings and the nest together and let everything dry. I used a heat tool on the texture paste leaves to help it along. Once the texture paste dried, I sprayed them with Tim Holtz Adirondack spray "Meadow". Then I glued the girl and nest to the page over top of the textured leaves.
I punched a tag from scrapbook paper with old writing on it using the tag punch shown here.
Then distressed it with "tea dye". I went around the edge with "walnut stain" but that didn't seem to make it pop so I used "black soot". I glued a violet on that I had in my stash for a long time. I either got them at Michael's or Joanne's. They are very fragile. After the glue dried, I went over the whole tag with Tim Holtz "Rock candy" crackle paint.
The border at the top was using a Martha Stewart edge punch from scrapbook paper. I also used distress inks on it so that it blended with the page. I cut the eggs from a picture in my stash. I used "Pumice Stone" distress pen to go around things to help them stand out a bit.
The flowers were made using Tim Holtz "Tattered Flower Garland" die. I cut them from white card stock and colored them with Tim Holtz distress Pens.
I LOVE how this page turned out. Now I am inspired and have all these ideas in my head but it is back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I can stay inspired till the next chance I get to play!!!!!
Sunday, March 2, 2014
I had no idea where I was going with this page and I'm not sure I like it. One minute I look at it and I think yuk, then I come back to it and say "not too bad" It all started with a new stamp. I stamped it on the tag and colored it with Tombow markers and distressed the edges with Distress ink. Then one thing lead to another and this is the result. Not even sure how I got here.