I had the day off due to the snow storm and I had the best creative day ever. This was so much fun to make. I took two pictures, one with the flash and one without. The flash shows the details but washes out some of the color. The one without the flash is a little darker but you see the color a little better.
I started with my background using Tim Holtz Distress Paint " scattered straw" (one of my favorite colors". I added some stenciling using "wild honey" distress ink. I don't know the name of the stencil (sorry). Then I found the little girl in a stash of vintage photos and cut her out.
I used Tim Holtz "Angel Wings" die and colored them with tumbled glass, used a Signo pen to add dimension and distressed the edges with "vintage photo" distress ink. I found the bird and nest from a book about birds. I scanned it and cut it out.
This is the picture I scanned. It was too big to get the whole page. But the bird and the nest were perfect for what I wanted to do. The leaves were done using the stencil technique here. This is a close up so you can see the texture.
I glued the girl, the wings and the nest together and let everything dry. I used a heat tool on the texture paste leaves to help it along. Once the texture paste dried, I sprayed them with Tim Holtz Adirondack spray "Meadow". Then I glued the girl and nest to the page over top of the textured leaves.
I punched a tag from scrapbook paper with old writing on it using the tag punch shown here.
Then distressed it with "tea dye". I went around the edge with "walnut stain" but that didn't seem to make it pop so I used "black soot". I glued a violet on that I had in my stash for a long time. I either got them at Michael's or Joanne's. They are very fragile. After the glue dried, I went over the whole tag with Tim Holtz "Rock candy" crackle paint.
The border at the top was using a Martha Stewart edge punch from scrapbook paper. I also used distress inks on it so that it blended with the page. I cut the eggs from a picture in my stash. I used "Pumice Stone" distress pen to go around things to help them stand out a bit.
The flowers were made using Tim Holtz "Tattered Flower Garland" die. I cut them from white card stock and colored them with Tim Holtz distress Pens.
I LOVE how this page turned out. Now I am inspired and have all these ideas in my head but it is back to work tomorrow. Hopefully I can stay inspired till the next chance I get to play!!!!!