Sunday, January 24, 2016

I Love, Love, Love This Page

 This page in my journal is very personal, which is one of the many reasons that I love it. I had an old picture of my grandfather and I wanted to use the Tim Holtz cabinet card die to display it in my journal.  I won't go into all the methods that I used because honestly I don't think that I could remember.  One thing led to another and then another.


  I used Tim Holtz cabinet die and the mini "movers and shapers" cabinet die to create the cabinet card on this page.  To see how I cut out the pieces using these two dies, check out the video HERE.  She gives a very easy explanation.
  

I will explain some of the details that I used.  The letters above the card are his initials.  I used Rock Candy crackle on them to age them a bit.  I stamped the year that my grandfather was born on the front cover.


This is a closer look at the front cover.  I covered chip board with some scrapbook paper that looked like old leather.  I would love to take credit for making it look like worn leather but luckly for me it is just the way it came.  The pocket watch is a stamp that I stamped on some scrapbook paper and used a Perfect Medium Pen, went around the outside of the watch and embossed it with Pirate's Gold embossing powder.  My sister gave me some watch faces and they were a perfect fit. 


 Here is the inside of the card.  My handsome Grandfather probably in his early 20's.  Some of the methods that I used putting this together were new to me and I did learn that vellum does not work well with glue.  Hence the bubbles in the images on the left.


A closer look.  Although I was extremely disappointed when it happened, now I think it give it character.

I chose a "Dream" charm to add because I thought that this picture was taken before he had made any decisions about the path of his life.  I wonder if at this moment he new that he was going to go to law school, become a lawyer and eventually aspire to be a District Court Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment