Sunday, March 1, 2015

Couldn't Get Into Doing A Journal page, So I Made Some Embellishments With My Cricut Machine

I used the Cricut Art Nouveau cartridge and made a butterfly and a couple of different size dragonflies.


The pieces that cut out for these items can be quite intricate and extremely small.  So small that I kept losing them on my work table.  That is why I decided to use a bit of my bling for the bottom of the wings.


Next came two dragonflies.  The blue-green one was cut at three inches as suggested but seemed way too big.  I cut it a second time at 2 1/2.  I liked this size better.



 I used "Rock Candy" Crackle Paint on the wings.  When it dried I gave it a dusting of Perfect Pearls to give it an iridescent look.


For this one I cut the underside of the wing from a glitter yellow green piece of scrapbook paper..  Both came out cute and will find a place somewhere in my crafting.

I do have to say that some of the cutouts can be very, very tricky to put together.  I ended up not using some pieces either because they were too small or I didn't like the way they looked.  The other dilemma I had was gluing the pieces together.  I got glue everywhere and made a big mess.

I would love to read any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment