The pieces that cut out for these items can be quite intricate and extremely small. So small that I kept losing them on my work table. That is why I decided to use a bit of my bling for the bottom of the wings.
Next came two dragonflies. The blue-green one was cut at three inches as suggested but seemed way too big. I cut it a second time at 2 1/2. I liked this size better.
I used "Rock Candy" Crackle Paint on the wings. When it dried I gave it a dusting of Perfect Pearls to give it an iridescent look.
For this one I cut the underside of the wing from a glitter yellow green piece of scrapbook paper.. Both came out cute and will find a place somewhere in my crafting.
I do have to say that some of the cutouts can be very, very tricky to put together. I ended up not using some pieces either because they were too small or I didn't like the way they looked. The other dilemma I had was gluing the pieces together. I got glue everywhere and made a big mess.
I would love to read any comments.