Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Bumble Bee Found A Home!

Remember this little bee that I made a couple posts back?  He is from the Cricut "Art Nouveau" cartridge.  I think he is adorable but I didn't know what I was going to do with him.


 This is what I ended up doing....

I LOVE it!  I started by covering the page with a sheet of scrapbook paper from "Vintage Essentials"  The paper is like tissue paper.  It is very thin and fragile.  I used Matte medium to stick it to the page.  If you look close you can see in the bottom left corner, that the paper tore.  I figured this would be added texture and kept on going.  In the past, this would have made me think the page was ruined and I would have torn it out of the book.  So I am learning that sometimes mistakes add to the beauty of the finished picture.

Next, I used some stencils and distress inks to the background.  The stenciling was very subtle and you have to look close to see it.  I found the poem on Pinterest and typed it up.  I tore it out and used the same colors of distress inks on it.  I went around the edge with Walnut stain.

 I used  Sizzix Honeycomb die to cut a couple from cardboard.  Then I cut sections off of one of the die cuts and glued the two pieces together to give it this shape.  I added a couple of the punchout pieces of the die to the top.  I randomly coated the Honey come with Perfect Medium embossing ink.  Then I used a mixture of Antique Linen" and "Vintage Photo" distress embossing powder.  One I heated the embossing powder, I thought it looked like a pale yellow, which wasn't the look that I was going for.  So I went over it with Spiced Marmalade.  I glued the honeycomb to the page and added the bee using foam tape to make him pop on the page.  I added the flowers that I made using the Tattered Flower Garland Die.  I cute them from scrapbook paper and distressed them with a little Vintage Photo.  They are held together with a brad that I added a little bling to.  The leaves are from my Martha Stewart edge punch below. I use this a lot too.


So my cute little bee has found a home in my art journal.  Love him.

Would love to read your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment