Sunday, January 25, 2015

Blocking Out The World For Just A Little While

This week has been filled with a lot of emotional turmoil and stress, both at home and work.  It seems to have really taken a toll on me.  So I blocked out the world by turning off my phone and shutting myself in my craft room to play for a while.



I have  had Dina Wakely's "Scribbly Birds" Stamps for a while and I have been dying to play with them.  They are so adorable! 

I inked the background with Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint distress inks using a blender tool.  Then I splashed water on it, let it sit for a minute and blotted it with a paper towel.  I went over the pages again with Peacock Feathers ink. Then I stamped the birds on white card stock.  I colored them with Tombow markers and blended the colors with a water brush. I used my white Signo pen to go around the eyes and to define the highlight of the eye.  Then I cut the Sizzix  Die "Branch w/Leaves" out of white card stock.  I cut three of these.  I used one for each page and the third one I cut in pieces to add more leaves and berries to the branches.  Notice the page with the bird facing front has more leaves behind the bird.

I colored the Branch's, leaves and berries with my Tombow markers.  Then I turned
the branches over on a piece of Fun Foam and used an embossing stylus to create lines in the leaves.  Afterwards I used a blending tool with "Tea Dye" ink over the leaves, berries and branches.  This was to give definition to the leaves and to tone down the bright color of the markers.  I glued the sections of branches and berries together and added the highlight to each berry with a white paint pen.

I cut my little birdies out and glued them on the branches.  I cut two tags using my trusty tag punch.


I LOVE this punch and use it ALL the time.  For the first tag, I glued a piece of scrapbook paper to some white card stock.  The second one, I cut the word "HOPE" from white card stock, using the Tim Holtz "Movers and Shapers" die.  Then I used the tag punch, centered it over the word and cut the second tag.  The one shown in this picture wasn't centered very well....oops.



I used Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress inks to color the "Hope" tag.  I distressed the newsprint tag with Vintage Photo and glued the two tags together.  I used a black Pitt Pen to outline the word Hope and give it a little more definition.  I distressed the edges of the tag, added an eyelet and a ribbon and glued it in my journal. I added the quote "Hope is the only thing stronger than fear" from the movie "The Hunger Games".  To finish I went around the edges of each page with Vintage photo" using a blending tool.

I would love to read your thoughts and comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment