Friday, December 21, 2012

 This is a technique that I saw a while ago on this link (http://kayskreativekorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/brick-texture-chipboard-tutorial.html) and I wanted to try it myself.  I finally found the materials and the time and here are my results.


I used more Stickles than it called for, as I covered the whole thing and the directions said to add it randomly.  I find that I'm not good at random.  It never seems to be enough.  As I dabbed it here and there, I kept thinking that it didn't look evenly random. LOL. So before I knew it, the whole thing was covered.  I took two pictures at slightly different angles, because I wasn't sure how well it would show up using a flash.  In the end, I really like it. It has the rustic, leathery look that I wanted and I can't wait to think of how I'm going to use this??????

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. I love the random-ness of it. hahaha. Maybe you could use it as a tag for a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's too big for that. I was thinking of either using it on a journal page with "Acceptance is the key" or trying the same method on the cover of my smaller journal and then attaching this to it some how. I don't know what I'll do with it but it did turn out pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could attach one of those metal keys to it as well. Glossy Accents would work well to attach it. P.S. I got some more stuff from the scrapbook store that is going out of business. :o)

      Delete