Saturday, April 28, 2012

I saw some tutorials about alcohol inking on glossy paper and thought that I could try it on some photo paper that I had.  This is the result.  You can't see all the colors.  I used a blue and a purple and pounced the paper with it.  Once it dried I used a rubber stamp with flourishes and sepia archival ink.  The only problem was that the photo paper had something on it in the middle and it worked as a resistant.  You can see the white spot in the middle of the design. I can still use this if I cut it in strips or punch circles out of it.  I wish you could see the redish purple that marbled through the design.  The whole point is that photo paper worked great.  No need to buy special "glossy" paper".

The idea for this postcard came from the Sunday Postcard Art Website.  The idea was to create a postcard using Venetian Masks as the theme.  I found two Venetian Masks through a Google search. The style of the masks reminded me of Marie Antoinette.  I did some Google searches for images of Marie and found this wonderful image from the Movie.  I copied the image into MS Word and then sized it to the size that would fit the postcard.  I also copied the images of the masks into MS Word and sized them until they looked like they would fit over the faces.  I printed everything out and cut out each image.  I then glued the masks over the faces, which I think turned out great.  I used a flourish rubber stamp with my Sepia Archival Ink and stamped randomly on the image.  I went through my stash of scrapbook paper and found a perfect page to use as my background.  I typed the words using a free font download from, "Mom's Typewriter".  I cut the words out colored them with alcohol ink, glued them in place and I was done.  I like how it turned out.  It makes me smile when I look at it.

1 comment:

  1. So cool. It makes me smile too. Jake's up.. No more fun.