Friday, October 25, 2013

I had a lot of fun trying techniques that I found through Pinterest!

Below are five tags that I made today.




 The background on these two tags were done using Inka-gold metallic rubs.  You can watch the video tutorial here.  The colors made me think of peacocks, which is why I stamped a peacock feather and a peacock on each of the tags.


 This tag was using black gesso as the base.   I stamped a flourish with embossing ink and used Recollections "Glacier" embossing powder.  After I heated the powder with my heat tool, I painted a coat of Americana Acrylic paint (Light Buttermilk) over the whole tag.  Then using a baby wipe, I rubbed most of the paint off giving it a shabby chic look.  You can see the video tutorial for this one here.

 This was a Tim Holtz video.  I must say that my attempt doesn't look half as good as the one that Tim did, BUT, I did have a lot of fun following along and doing all the different layers.  You can view that video tutorial here.


I played with Tim Holtz crackle paints.  For this tag, I painted the whole tag with Americana Acrylic Paint "Heritage Red".  I let that dry completely and then painted the whole tag again with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, "Picket Fence".  I let the tag dry by itself, which is the recommended method rather than using a heat tool on it

The left side of the tag is the effect of the two paints.  The right side of the tag I used "Tea Dye" distress ink with a blending tool.  This is a good way to tone down the white but is not really needed to see the crackle.  Very, very cool!


This tag I did on my own.  I took a vintage photo from my stash and cut out the little girl.  I then painted her with Tim Holtz Distress paint, "Clear Rock Candy.  You can see the effect on the top photo.  Then I added her to a tag that I colored using distress Ink pads added a couple stamps and outlined the photo to help it pop a little bit more.  Sorry, there isn't a video for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun. Love your tags. The crackle came out good. I want to try some of these techniques now.

    ReplyDelete