Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Found A Nice Little Surprise In My Tim Holtz Embossing Folder!


 I bought a Tim Holtz Embossing Folder from Sizzix to try in my Cuddle Bug.  When I opened the package I found a nice surprise inside (besides the wonderful folders).

Sorry, I couldn't prevent the glare, but hidden in the packaging is this little foam block.  It doesn't look like much and if you have bought any of these embossing folders in the past, you probably threw it away not knowing the possibilities that it holds.


This is a better picture of what the block looks like.


The magic happens when you heat the block with a heat tool. You don't have to heat it long.  Just a little bit to warm the foam.


After the foam is warm, press the heated side on anything that leaves an impression.  In this case, I chose the numbers on the Bingo embossing folder.


 This is what it looks like after pressing it to the folder.


Then, ink it up and press it.  I applied it several times to show the ink fading.

 After your done stamping with it, simply clean it with a wet wipe or wet paper towel.


Now here is the really magical part, when you reapply heat to the impression on the foam it disappears.

Now you can use it again and again, using anything that leaves an impression.  How cool is that?


These are a few samples of the things that I tried stamping.  The top stamp is the impression from the lid to my Golden's Gel Medium.  The next impressions were using the long side of the block, and are  are from two different shaped paper clips.  The next is ribbon, and lastly, I stamped from one of my rubber stamps.  I can't wait to use these in my Art Journal and ATC's.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Thanks for showing me how to repurpose my trash, lol. I think I need to go buy some more folders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, You threw yours out, right? Now you have more justification for getting more. Such a value!

    ReplyDelete