Thursday, February 16, 2012

Very First Crazy Quilt Project


This is the very first crazy quilt project that I completed.  A friend showed me a crazy quilt that her sister made for her.  It was beautiful!  The embroidery and other embellishments amazed me.  I had never heard of crazy quilting before I saw her quilt.  I made a passing comment that I would like to try it sometime and then out came all my scrap material from all the homecoming and prom dresses that I made for my daughters. Between the two of us we pieced together a square, using what i know now as the "antique method".  Once I was done I made it into a pillow.


 This is a close up of the upper left side of the pillow.


 This is a close up of the upper right side of the pillow.
 

The bottom right side.  The pillow creased and you can't really see the very bottom corner.
 

The bottom left with a little spider web and spider.


I used this project to try out as many embroidery stitches that I could find.  I started searching the internet an discovered Silk Ribbon Embroidery and Brazilian embroidery and I had to try my hand at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment